Trinity Lutheran Youth Group is committed to one simple mission – to provide a safe place where the young people of the church can learn how to grow in their Christian faith while living in a troubled world!
- Each youth member quickly takes ownership of his or her own special place in their basement Youth Room. This becomes their own safe place where they can freely discuss any topic or issue that is on their minds.
- The Sunday morning Bible lessons openly and candidly deal with issues young people face daily. Youth Bible Study is every Sunday at 9:15 AM
- Youth Group members become like a family, spending many Sunday evenings going to movies, hanging out in the Youth Room, eating out, or having lock-ins. Afternoons are often spent in activities such as laser tag, paintball, ice skating, or shopping.
- Youth often help with various projects around the church and the community. Whether it is painting the stripes on the parking lot or buying Christmas gifts for needy families, Trinity’s teenagers try to make a difference.
- The highlight of each year is the Youth Servant Event to Mexico and Texas. For one week the youth abandon all the luxuries of home and work long, hard hours building churches and houses in the desert of northern Mexico.
- Not only do the youth gain great satisfaction from doing something for people less fortunate, but most importantly it is a time of great spiritual growth!
HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE BIBLE STUDY AND PRAYER:
Youth gather to study the Bible, share concerns, and pray for one another.
Location & time: Judy Griffin residence; time/day varies according to participants’ schedules
Mexico Trip Ministry
Each summer Trinity Youth Group members travel to the U.S./Mexican border towns of El Paso and Juarez to work in the ministry of the Ysleta Lutheran Mission. The 2011 trip marked the 15th annual servant event to Mexico.
They paint, install roofs, build houses and churches, and interact with the Mexican people on both sides of the border. They work hard and are happy to do so. The highlight of each trip is their door-to-door evangelizing in impoverished neighborhoods.
After the 2011 tornado disaster that destroyed much of Joplin, Missouri, the Trinity Youth Group quickly volunteered to assist in the cleanup. Not only do the youth gain great satisfaction from doing something for people less fortunate, but it is also a time of great spiritual growth!
Join Trinity Youth Mexico Mission Trip on Facebook