Trinity Lutheran Church was established in 1892, a little over 50 years after the creation of the Missouri Synod. The original church building was constructed that same year at the corner of Seventh and Hickory.
A new $10,000 brick church was built in 1907, and the present church and school was dedicated in 1958.
For the first few years of its existence, Trinity was a missionary church, served by visiting pastors from nearby congregations.
Rev. E.A. Knorr was called to be the first fulltime pastor in 1897.
Trinity Day School was established in 1897, with 21 students studying in an 18 x 24 room added to the church.
The school was moved to South Hickory and in 1908 Ed Struefert became the 1st fulltime teacher.
In 1926 Trinity Day School was accredited as an eighth grade institution.